IF YOU USUALLY DO THESE 16 THINGS THEN YOU HAVE FAILED AS A FATHER
I want to show you some serious spiritual mistakes fathers are making at home so that you will know how to avoid and correct them in your home.
Here is a son complaining bitterly never to be like his father due to the following spiritual mistakes he noticed in his father. Get it right now, so your son will not say the same thing against you.
1. Failing to personally study God’s Word themselves: Lots of Fathers have no time to study the word of God, their children have never seen them studying the Bible or see the Bible in their hands. It is a simple way to tell your Children that Bible is not really important.
2. Giving the responsibility to teach the children the word of God to someone else: Most Fathers thinks its the duty of Church, Sunday School Teachers, Bible Clubs owner to teach their children the word of God, every father will need to read this: Deuteronomy 6:6-9
3. Only read the passage of the Bible and not explaining it in a way that’s understandable: Some Parents that read the Bible with their children will only read without explaining what it’s all about or make the Children understand it.
4. Failing to engage their children with questions: One best way to raise a spiritual child is to always encourage them to ask questions and not seeing any question as stupid or flimsy. Most Fathers are too impatient to listen to the questions their children wanted to ask them.
5. Choosing the wrong Bible passages: lots of Fathers just open the Bible and read any Passage, this is wrong. Look for Family devotional books online and use them as a guide for your family.
6. No Family Altar or not taking it seriously: Lots of homes are without Family altars, Fathers are guilty of this. We need to correct this and make Family altar a way of life in our homes. Pick a time for it and stick with it.
7. Failing to make spirituality a way of life: our spiritual life should come first in the order of things but lots of Fathers don’t see it that way, in many Christian homes Mothers do this.
8. Not Praying with the Children: Failure to pray with and for your Children is a Major mistake and it exposes the life and destiny of your Children to demonic attack and manipulations.
9. Making Family Altar long and boring: The family altar is not Church service it should not be too long, not longer than 20 Minutes and everybody should be involved to avoid it becoming monotonous and boring.
10. Not taking their Children to Church regularly: This is a great error, make sure your Children attend Church regularly.
11. Not teaching their Children how and when to pray: Not teaching your children how to pray is to make them less than Christian. Teach them how and when to pray, teach them the power of Prayer
12. Not creating time for a spiritual retreat with your Children: Spend time in a spiritual retreat with your Children at least twice a year.
13. Not making sure all Children are born again: Been careless about whether your Children are born again or not can be very dangerous. Lead them to Christ, root them in righteousness.
14. Not modelling Christ at home: Not being a good example at home to your children is one of the most terrible mistakes a Man can make at home. Be a Model of Godliness at home. Flee from adultery, Pornography, lying etc.
15. Delegating spiritual things to others: Don’t delegate spiritual matters at home to anybody, not even your wife. You are the Priest of the home, God is counting on you. (Genesis 18:19)
16. Not mentoring their Children in the way of the lord: you can be a Child of God, you may be living a righteous life at home, but these are not enough to groom a Child in God, you need to mentor your Children, go beyond Parenting and Mentor them.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.