WHAT WOMEN MUST KNOW ABOUT SEX IN A MARRIAGE
“The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife”.
1 Corinthians 7:4 (KJV)
WHAT THE ABOVE BIBLE REFERENCE MEANS
1. It means that a wife does not have control over her body as her body belongs to her husband.
2. It means also that a husband does not have control over his own body as his body belongs to his wife.
3. Therefore, a man or a woman in a marriage cannot deny each other their matrimonial rights.
THE ISSUE OF SEX DENIAL IN A MARRIAGE
If you believe in the word of God that a man does not have powers over his own body and vice versa, then, we must understand that sexual denial in a marriage is disobedience to God. Read this:
“Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer: and come together again, that Satan tempts you not for your incontinency”.
1 Corinthians 7:5 (KJV)
MEANING OF THE ABOVE REFERENCE
1. It means that couples should not DENY themselves sex.
2. It means that sexual abstinence could only happen when both parties agree to do so for spiritual exercise.
3. It means that couples should come back to their sexual activities immediately after the spiritual exercise.
4. It warns that if they don’t return to their sexual activity, Satan may use the opportunity to cause problems in a marriage.
WHAT WOMEN SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SEX IN A MARRIAGE
A lot of women share divergent views about sex and sexuality and many of them give quite a lot of flimsy excuses for denying their husbands sex. I am not going into those excuses now but women should know the following crucial points about sex in a marriage.
1. Most men love sex even more than foods.
2. Most men will always want sex with their wives as long as they are together.
3. Over 90% of married men love to have sex daily.
4. As long as men have an erection, they will always have the urge for sex.
5. Men are not tired of sex even at old age.
6. Some men who are denied sex by their wives will look for it elsewhere.
7. It takes the grace of God for a man to live with a woman without regular sex.
8. Regular sex cements the relationship in a marriage.
9. Consistent sex reduces stress and is healthy for couples.
10. Satisfactory sexual life in a marriage minimizes the rate of infidelity.
WHAT IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF DENYING A PARTNER SEX IN A MARRIAGE?
Since God has commanded married men and women not to DEFRAUD(DENY) one another, if anybody refuses to comply with this scriptural principle, that amounts to disobedience to God. Disobedience to God is a sin and no sinner can be allowed to enter heaven if he or she dies without repentance.
God does not listen to excuses. A lot of married women complain of tiredness and stress in their homes. When a married woman thinks that she is doing her husband a favour by allowing him to have sex with her, then, it means that she does not know the meaning of matrimonial duties. Sex in a marriage is never a favour but a duty to be played by both parties till death separates them.
He or she who has ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the married and intending couples.
Evang. Johnson Ojo
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.