WHAT CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA AGREED WITH FEDERAL GOVT ABOUT
Due to the overwhelming enquiries and agitations by many Churches and Christians in Lagos
State concerning the 2020 Cross-over night of December 2020, consultation was made with the
Government and the following shall be observed concerning the cross-over night service:
1. There will be cross-over night service on December 31, 2020 in many Churches that
observe the annual service.
2. However, it must be noted that the curfew imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic is a
Federal Government directive. Hence, Churches who want to observe the cross-over night
shall be allowed to hold service till 12:15am into January 1, 2021 morning. Service must
end by this time.
3. However, for Churches which observe their watchnight or cross-over night service till the
middle of the night, no Church member must be allowed to leave the Church premises or
service venue till after the end of the curfew period (4am) as directed by the Federal
4. Also, Churches are to ensure that COVID-19 protocols put in place by the Government are
fully adhered to: 50% sitting capacity and well-spaced, use of face-mask mandatory and
should be strictly enforced, hand-wash and hand-sanitization facilities to be placed at
strategic locations at the Church premises, the service hall should be well ventilated and
temperature thermometer must be available to take the temperature of members.
5. Any suspected case of COVID-19 should be promptly reported to the relevant authorities.
We pray for a peaceful and Holy-Spirit inspired cross-over night service. We wish you Merry
Christmas and a prosperous Happy New Year 2021
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.