Strange things we do in Africa in the name of “It’s Our Culture
In this article you will learn some things we do in Africa all in the name of “It’s Our Culture. Many of these things have negative effects or ordeal
1. We care more for the dead than we do for the living!
2. We spend more to bury a person than we do to save their life.
3. We will not travel to go see a sick relative but will travel to bury him /her
4. People will rarely respect you while alive but will want to “pay their last respects” to your casket.
5. A person may NEVER receive roses in their entire life but they will get lots dumped on their graveyard!
6. We will spend a night at a neighbour’s funeral and it will be our first time to see the inside of their house!
7. No one cares to know your village until you die and they will all fill car after car to “escort” your corpse
8. We will take the dead to the Church knowing fully well they had nothing to do with worship while alive.
9. We might not have granite tops in our kitchens but use the granite in the graveyard!
10. An entire village might not have a single house with cement floors but the only place with cement will be a graveyard!
It is proposed we have “Cultural Reforms”. We have a culture of “hypocrisy”
… a culture that is “Pro-death” and NOT “Pro-life!”
We need to value life BEFORE death.
Please love people while they are alive, show them your kindness now that they need it, your presence at their funeral will never make up for your absence when they had the greatest need of you.
Kindly follow us on Instagram: @familyliferinfo
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.