- February 4, 2021 at 12:52 pm #5109Family LifersKeymaster
My name is Mrs Eunice, recently I lost my husband to the cold hand of death at the age of 39. The tragic event happened in the City of Lagos and the man being the only surviving child of his mother had no relatives that could follow the corpse to his Village except for a few friends and neighbours who volunteered to help out.
My Husband and her Sister where Sneaked out of the Village in Anambra State when he was 4 years old when his father died aged 33, his Sister was 6 Year old at that time.
My husband had never been to the Village since he was taken out of the Place as a Child, they all believe he and his Sister died as Children only my Husband’s Uncle is aware of their existence and he supported secretly.
Last year his sister died, he decided to take the body to the Village against his Uncle counsel. His sickness started shortly after he returned to Lagos. We spent all our life savings on it, sold his uncompleted House at Mowe, sold his car, we were naked before he died
I am fully aware of what could happen if I follow his Corpse to the Village with my Two Children and I was duly advised to stay back in the City by some People from his Village, in fact, his Uncle called me secretly that I should not come as they were all ready for me, so to avoid any trouble that could occur if I follow them as they will blame me for his death
When the corpse arrived at the Village the elders and the entire Village gathered and addressed friends and neighbours who took it there. The experience wasn’t pleasant for them as they were scrutinized, interrogated and accused of killing their son.
At the end of the day after waiting and begging for hours to burry the man, the town rejected the corpse and asked that they bring his wife and children before any further discussion on the burial.
Friends and neighbours who accompanied the corpse requested to embalm it in a morgue in the Village, they emphatically refused with serious anger and fights that it would be an abomination to them.
They had to locate a morgue in a nearby town and put the Corpse in there. For all of them, it was a horrible experience and wouldn’t be ready to go an extra mile again to protect themselves and their families too.
I am in dilemma now, whether I should go or not, knowing fully well that my late husband’s only sibling died mysteriously a few months before the death came for my own husband. And the deceased narrated how terrible it was before they could be allowed to bury his only Sister as his Husband refused to follow them to the Village.
The fear of unthinkable that could happen, if I show up is already killing me, I am still mourning and not happy that my late husband is yet to be buried in peace. The Uncle is still giving me some secret information and warned me not to come but the Village Elders are calling me to come with my Children by all means.
My Husband warned on his sickbed not to go to the Village, I’ve seen him twice in my dream warning me not to go to the Village, at the same time I saw him crying in another dream that he has not been buried. What kind of life is mine, I am in the greatest confusion of my life I am just 33.
Should I go to the Village against my Husband warning and the counsel of my Husband’s Uncle so that the Corpse can be buried, they insist I must come with my Children and that they will not attend to me if the Children are not there.
Somebody please help me think, tell me what to do and please pray for me.
- February 4, 2021 at 3:43 pm #5113blossyParticipant
- February 4, 2021 at 4:13 pm #5116Erhire ObohParticipant
- February 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm #5127Sam PParticipant
- February 4, 2021 at 7:09 pm #5131KennethParticipant
- February 4, 2021 at 7:20 pm #5133Ronkie babeModerator
- February 4, 2021 at 9:06 pm #5139VictorModerator
- February 4, 2021 at 9:14 pm #5140feranmiParticipant
- February 4, 2021 at 9:51 pm #5141O.S DavidKeymaster
- February 4, 2021 at 10:25 pm #5142InumidunModerator
- February 4, 2021 at 10:30 pm #5143JayneParticipant
- February 4, 2021 at 10:53 pm #5144Correct SegzParticipant
- February 5, 2021 at 12:55 pm #5182Gideon DosuKeymaster
- February 5, 2021 at 2:06 pm #5183Sulaimon SuleParticipant
- February 5, 2021 at 2:10 pm #5184Uche OgbonaParticipant
- February 5, 2021 at 3:52 pm #5187FMParticipant
- February 5, 2021 at 3:55 pm #5188ChristieParticipant