HEALTH BENEFITS OF GINGER
Ginger is a flowering plant that belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, The underground part of the stem [rhizome ]is the part that is commonly used as a spice. It’s often called ginger root.
Ginger can be used in fresh, dried, powdered form or as an oil or juice.
Ginger is a good source of antioxidants, but it does not provide many vitamins, minerals, or calories.
Here are some benefits you can derive from ginger :
1. Ginger is effective in lowering blood sugar and may also help to improve heart disease risk factor
2. Ginger helps to treat chronic indigestion
3. Ginger may help relieve nausea and vomiting for people undergoing certain types of surgery. Ginger may also help chemotherapy-related nausea.
4. Ginger helps in treating cold and flu symptoms
5. It reduces inflammation
6. Ginger is said to kill viruses, bacteria, and yeast in numerous cellular studies
7. Ginger is good for your heart such that it reduces cholesterol and lowers your risk of having any sort of blood clots.
8. Ginger helps to reduce your risks of having cancer.
9. Ginger protects your DNA from getting damaged and causing deformity among newborns.
10.Applying a little bit of ginger on your skin can refresh your skin and make it to glow.
11. Ginger consists of antiseptic properties that help prevent dandruff. Consuming ginger helps you sweat and when you sweat from your hair, it produces natural oils that act as antiseptics preventing dandruff.