HEALTH BENEFITS OF GARLIC
Garlic is a plant in the allium family, it is closely related to onions, leeks and shallots.
Garlic grows in many parts of the world and is a popular ingredient in cooking due to its powerful smell and delicious taste.
Garlic has curative and medicinal properties because of its antibacterial and antiseptic nature. The beneficial properties of garlic are because of a compound, called Allicin. It is rich in minerals like phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, potassium, Vitamins C, K, Folate, niacin and thiamine
1. Eating garlic help to boost immunity.
2. The antibacterial properties in garlic help to protect food from bacteria that can cause food poisoning.
3. Garlic promotes brain health because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Garlic helps prevent acne and lightens acne scars. Cold sores, psoriasis, rashes, and blisters can all benefit from the application of garlic juice. It also protects against UV rays and therefore prevents aging.
5. Fresh garlic juice has the potential to reduce the growth of E. Coli bacteria that cause urinary tract infection (UTI). It also helps prevent kidney infections.
6. Garlic reduces infections on wounds, promotes hair growth, bone health and liver health
7. Garlic’s antioxidants and antibacterial properties can clear up your skin by killing acne-causing bacteria.
8. Garlic reduces blood pressure in patients with high blood pressure (hypertension) by increasing calcium and reducing C-reactive protein levels, which cause inflammation and elevated blood pressure.
9. Garlic and other vegetables in the allium family, including onions and leeks, have been linked to a reduced risk of several types of cancer, including of the stomach, throat, prostate, and colon. Natural compounds in garlic are known to help selectively kill off cancer cells and prevent cancer from growing and spreading.
10. Garlic can also reduce cardiovascular disease risk by lowering your cholesterol.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.