HABITS THAT SHOW IMPROPER UPBRINGING OF CHILDREN
Please, carefully look at the list below and identify where you may want to make amends on yourself or on the young ones you are bringing up.
Children, if not properly groomed may never get to the top in life, even if both parents are at the top of their careers.
Manners take you to where your education can’t irrespective of your status, wealth or your reach or influence:
1) Going to your child’s school indecently
dressed. (Think again).
2) Speaking rashly to your child’s teacher.
3) Cursing, using foul language or swearing
words in front of your children.
4) Using makeup on children.
5) Dressing your little children up indecently
(they lose their sense of Princesshood).
6) Putting earrings on your son’s ears.
7) Your child holds the cup or glassware by the brim and you don’t correct.
8) Your children don’t greet and you just feel they will turn around one day because they
have a mood swing. (You will be blamed for it)
9) Your children eat with their mouth opened
and you feel they will grow up some day to overcome the habit.
10) Your children bringing home something you did not buy for them and you say nothing. (that is the beginning of stealing).
11) The Children talk back at you and you conclude it’s okay since you are a 21st
century Mummy. (You will hate yourself if they do that outside and they are
12) The Children interrupt when you are speaking with another adult and you think
they are bold and clever. (Its really bad manners).
13) The Children exercise authority over the Nanny and domestic staff and you let them be.
14) The Children saying things like “my driver is on his way…” I do not advocate that
children should call your domestic staff
Aunty or Brother, calling them by Name
when they are not young people is not
proper either. The use of Miss, Mr or Mrs
will look good on them.
15) Your children don’t say a ‘thank you’ when they have been helped or served something and you are cool with that.
16) When your Children cannot feel for children
who are less privileged.
18) When the Children pick their noses with their hands.
19) When the Children don’t wash their hands after visiting the washroom or after returning from school or outside visits.
20) When your Children take something from the fridge without taking permission.
21) When your Children don’t knock on closed doors and wait for a response before opening the door.
22) When your Children don’t collect from your hands items you brought in as you walk into your home.
23) When your Children request for a bribe to carry out their home chores or extra task.
24) When your Children act like their Grandparents irritate them. (It’s a
25) When your Children have not learnt to get up from the Chair for the Elderly or Visitors to sit.
26) When your Children tell lot of Lies. (You
will both cry in the future).
27) When your Children ask “who is that?” at a knock on your door instead of “please, may I know who is there.”
28) When your Children are always seated by your Visitors when being served Drinks or food.
29) When your Children still point their fingers at other people, when talking to or
speaking about them.
30) When your Children play and jump around when Prayers are going on. (This can apply to children from ages 4 and above).
Don’t be a 21st Century Parents who can’t correct their Children.
Remember: Priest Eli was never found wanting in God’s Work but got destroyed because he failed to discipline his children appropriately.
Train your Children in the way of the Lord so that when they grow up they will not depart from such Godly Training or Upbringing.
IT IS BETTER TO LET YOUR CHILDREN CRY AT AN EARLY AGE WHEN YOU CORRECT THEM; IF NOT YOU WILL BOTH CRY AT NIGHT WHEN THEY BRING DISGRACE TO THE FAMILY WITH BAD AND TERRIBLE BEHAVIOURS
Please circulate to all Parents and Grandparents that are on your Contact Lists to ensure Better Futures for All Children under their Watches.
God Blesses You
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.