Good Friday: 7 Interesting Facts About You Need To Know
Seven Interesting Facts About Good Friday From Around The World
In some homes on Good Friday, meat will not be on the menu and a delicacy called Frejon will make the rounds among the Lagos Island people.
Below are some interesting facts about the day Christians commemorate the death of Christ:
1. Eating fish: Some Christians believe that eating meat on the anniversary of Christ’s death may represent eating His flesh, so fish comes to the rescue.
2. Frejon, a delicacy made from beans and coconut milk is popular among Lagos Islands people.
3. Until 2008, gambling was banned in Britain on Good Friday
4. Also in the United Kingdom, horse racing was banned on Good Friday until 2014.
5. In Ireland, sale of alcohol was banned on Good Friday for almost a century until a new law was passed in 2018.
6. In Germany, Christians ban dancing on Good Friday and even nightclub capital, Berlin has restrictions in place until 9pm.
7. Interestingly, Good Friday is not a public holiday in Italy, as it is seen as a solemn day for reflection.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.