9 Things A Father Should Teach His Son Before He Gets Married
When it comes to marriage, there are a variety of views that we have as men that aren’t always correct and can have an impact on our marriage’s success. This is why fathers should devote time to lecturing their sons who are planning to marry since they have a wealth of experience that will benefit their sons in marriage.
Here below is what a father should teach his son before he gets married.
1. You are not the boss; you are the husband. “The husband is the family’s head,” these words can be misconstrued if not explained properly. A father should teach his son that being the family’s leader does not imply being overbearing. As the family’s leader, you are responsible for leading, defending, feeding, and providing for your family’s necessities.
2. Your wife may make a snide remark about you. When men are in love, the last thing on their minds is the possibility that their women will retaliate if they are injured. A father should sit down with his son and give him a lesson on how to get the most out of his wife.
Let him know that women can be offended, upset, and have the right to air their issues if they have been wounded. The father should teach his kid that speaking to his wife with affection is the best approach to obtain nice things out of her.
3. A woman is not to be beaten. This warning should be sent to his son’s ears so that he understands how dangerous it is to raise his hands against his wife or any other lady. When he is irritated, he should tell him that true love and maturity is the ability to refuse to act in the bad ways that others might.
4. Cheating can lead to the loss of your home. Let him know that when it comes to lovemaking, his wife will not always satisfy him. Also, inform him that all of the styles he has seen or heard from others may not be suitable for his wife. Females who make love as a vocation have a different marriage experience.
5. Keep your circle of pals to a minimum. Inform him that after a man marries, he must wisely cut down on his unmarried pals. He needs to spend less time with them because he now has a family of his own who need more attention than any of his other buddies. Drinking in various establishments should be discouraged. If he must consume alcohol, he should purchase it and bring it home.
6. Never ask your single pals for marriage advice. He should be taught that married men and single men do not think in the same manner. He should never tell his buddies about his wife or seek their opinion because they can give him bad advice that would harm his family.
7. Don’t stay up too late. A married guy should not stay out late at night outside his home since anything unpleasant that happens to him will damage his family, particularly his wife. Keeping the night might also give the impression that he is irresponsible.
8. Your primary responsibility is to your family. Teach him that if you, like his father, have a need and his family has a need, and the money is insufficient to meet both of your needs, he should give it to his wife first, because his immediate family should be his priority.
9. If you want the greatest, offer it to your wife. The father has a wealth of knowledge about how to get his wife to give him her all. He should inform his son that when he chooses to overlook his wife’s wrongdoings in favour of the good ones. When he considers how to better care for and treat his wife, she will have no choice but to give him her best.
Read Also: The 10 Simple Principles of Good Parenting
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.