Severally I have heard people asking me if truly marriage can die despite both couple; I mean the husband and wife still being alive. I tell them this, they have been living independently before the got married. It was along their journey in life they both reach the concession to incorporate marriage into their lives and destiny. The fact that they are living in the same house does not mean they have a home, that they are together in their house does not mean they have a union. And such a marriage can be likened to the lifestyle of a school roommate. Therefore, Marriage can DIE, I mean to die with no life in it again if the following have the means to penetrate into that relationship.
5 SILENT KILLERS OF MARRIAGE
1. Illusion: You think you know and you don’t know at all, but you are teaching people what you don’t even have an idea of
2. Delusion: You know but what you know about marriage is wrong and you are so adamant that you are not ready to change it even when you know that what you said you know is not working in that marriage.
3. Ignorance: you don’t know at all and you know you don’t know but you are full of I don’t care attitude and you are not ready to do anything about it.
4. Foolishness: You know, what you know is right, but you will never do what you know. You will find every excuse not to put to work what you know
5. Intelligence without Action: You know but will never do what you know but goes round to teach People things you know but will never practice. People will practice it and it will work for them. Pastors, Teachers and Professors are in this rank.
In conclusion, Wisdom and knowledge is the direct answer to these five silent killers of marriage and destiny, so seek wisdom, read books, listen to tapes, attend programs, by all means, improve your capacity to love and be a better spouse.
© Bisi Adewale
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.