Aisha Buhari is the First Lady of Nigeria and wife of the current President Muhammadu Buhari, who assumed office on 29 May, 2015 after defeating the then-incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan.
Here are eight amazing things you should know about her:
1. Aisha Buhari was born on February, 11 1971.
2. She was born into the family of Nigeria’s first Defence Minister, Muhammadu Ribadu in Adamawa state.
3. She got married to President Muhammadu Buhari on December 2nd, 1989.
4. She is a mother of five children with a grand child.
5 She has a Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration from Ahmadu Bello University(ABU) and a Masters Degree in International Affairs and Strategic studies from the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna.
6. She speaks fluently in English and Arabic
7. She closed her beauty saloon after her husband emerged President.
8. She initially pursued a career in beauty and fashion.
Kindly follow us on Twitter