8 things you don’t know about Lai Mohammed
Nigeria’s current Minister of Information and Culture is Lai Mohammed.
Former National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress in Nigeria.No doubts a very controversial figure of this current administration, always in the headlines for something done or said with the most recent being the Twitter ban. Asides from the confines of politics in Nigeria, Not a lot is known about the quintessential politician from Kwara state and so on that note Familylifers presents to you 8 things you don’t know about Nigeria’s minister of information
Here 8 things you don’t know about Lai Mohammed
1. He studied french in School and subsequently law, so he is a trained lawyer In 1952, he was born into Alhaji Mohammed Adekeye’s family.
He was born in Oro, Kwara State.
In 1975, he graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University with a bachelor’s degree in French.
He went on to study law at the University of Lagos and subsequently the Nigerian Law School in 1986.
2.He got married to his wife Alhaja Kudirat Adeoti Mohammed in 1979 and together they have 4 children and several grandchildren. Lai Mohammed’s son Folajimi Mohammed is a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly.
3. He co-founded the legal firm of Edu & Mohammed as a Senior Partner in 1989
4. Alhaji Lai Mohammed is an Astute Businessman.
Since December 18, 2008, he has been Chairman of Optmedia Limited, an Afromedia Plc subsidiary.
Since May 2011, he has been a Director of Afromedia PLC.
Alhaji Mohammed is a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and worked for the Nigerian Airport Authority, now the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, as a public relations officer for almost ten years (FAAN).
Read also twitter Ban: What Lai Mohammed Said About Nnamdi Kanu Will Shock You
5. He served as Chief of Staff to the former governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu during his first term in office as Governor
6. He loves jollof rice: He was quoted in an interview CNN’s Richard Quest Means Business anchored in Lagos saying that Senegal makes the best jollof rice, although this answer came to the disappointment of many Nigerians as they expected him to say Nigeria
7. He has one regret as a minister:
Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has stated that his one regret as a minister is that some Nigerians have failed to see that President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration is accomplishing so much with so little.
Mr. Mohammed made the remarks at a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Special Forum in Abuja.
He claimed that, despite limited resources, no government in Nigeria’s history had undertaken programs that alleviated poverty among women and disadvantaged groups while also creating jobs for the youth like the Buhari administration.
8. His Networth:
There is no exact figure and we can’t say categorically how much he is worth but it’s known to be in millions of dollars. This not surprising as he is a very successful businessman and politician.
Here are 8 things you don’t know about Lai Mohammed. Thank you for reading please like share and also comment.
Kindly follow us on Twitter for more updates@familylifersng