Most wives normally take wrong steps as soon as they discover that their husbands are having an affair. This pushes most men out of the home or hardens them. You need to be wise and careful if you do not want that affair to end your marriage. Things you must not do include:
1. Open brawl. Fighting the man physically will be one of the foolish things you can do, as this will aggravate the issue and make him feel more comfortable with the other woman. No matter how highly provoked you are, never go into physical combat with your husband because of the other woman. You will be at the losing end.
2. Calling the lady to abuse her. You have no business with the other woman; you should face your husband, not the woman. This strategy fails every time. It only makes the man feel sympathy for the other woman.
3. Vengeance. Two wrongs can never make a right. Going into an affair just to pay your husband back in his own coin is not wise. In fact, it is a clear sign of insanity. When you revenge, you even the score but lose, but when you forgive you win.
4. Depression. Through wrong and negative thinking, a lot of women go into depression when their husbands have affairs. This leads to high blood pressure, migraine, stroke and some other diseases which can lead to death. Do you want to die in order to make the other woman happy? No, come out of the situation, wake up girl! No immoral man is worth dying for, no, not one. Don’t allow him to steal your joy. Preach to yourself and get up. Deal with your hurt and bitterness. Do not let them kill you. Do not die before your time thereby allowing the man to marry the other woman.
5. Reporting the man to his friend and family members. The truth is, most times, friends and family are aware of the affair, so reporting to them is not really the answer. His friends are like him; birds of a feather flock together.
6. Going to the house of the other woman to fight her. You have no right to go to the house of this lady to fight her. By law, you will be taken as the aggressor. You may even be prosecuted or the lady and her neighbours can beat you up.
7. Murder. A young woman shot her husband of four years in marriage dead when she discovered he was having an affair. She was arrested and jailed leaving their two kids fatherless and motherless. Don’t ever think of killing your husband; you have no right to take anybody’s life no matter his or her sins.
8. Separation/divorce. Some women call it quits because of infidelity. If you do this you are a loser. The other woman wins, yes, you lose. DIVORCE IS NOT THE ANSWER; fight the battle on your knees and with wisdom, you will win in Jesus name.
© Bisi Adewale