Family Lifers Forums

Create forums and topics you and your friends can discuss. You can see your friends activities, views and responses on all topics!

Home Forums Sport Life 7 things Leicester Fans Need To Know About The Next Vardy – Patson Daka

1 voice
1 reply
  • Creator
    Topic
    Okey_14_boi

7 things Leicester Fans Need To Know About The Next Vardy – Patson Daka

The Zambian striker who, like Erling Haaland, Naby Keita, Takumi Minamino, and Sadio Mane, eventually left Austria for a more prestigious European league.

We take a look at this alpha finisher as he takes on a new challenge as Vardy’s successor to the King’s throne in the King Power Stadium:

1. An Inspiration To African Kids:

Patson Daka, who was born in the Zambian city of Chingola, is an incredible success story who rose from the school playing fields to currently leading the attack at one of Europe’s most exciting teams.

7 things Leicester Fans Need To Know About Patson Daka
    7 things Leicester Fans Need To Know About Patson Daka

2. Footballing background and home:

Daka, like Haaland, grew up with a father who was a professional football player; in fact, Daka’s earliest football recollections are of seeing his father, Nathtali, take on opponents out wide. Patson’s personal football path has been fueled by Nathtali’s tragic death when he was young:

“He didn’t have the opportunities I have today,” Daka told The Guardian. “I feel I have achieved the dream he had for me, to see me play at a high level and come to Europe, and create my own legacy. It drives me every time because, wherever he is today, he is proud of me.”

3. Football or School; He chose football:

Daka’s football career has been influenced by luck, as it has been for many other players. When the trials to represent the local province were held, the youngster was taking exams at school. Daka went along after being persuaded by a friend and made an immediate impression:

“We went along and they were about to start. I knew one of the coaches and he told me to rush home for my training kit so I could be a part of it. I ran there and back.

After playing for less then 10 minutes, they removed me from the pitch and said: ‘OK, wait for us here.’”

4. He is forever grateful to Frederic Kanoute:

Patson Daka was captaining Zambia at youth competitions less than a year after this tryout, and he was even called up to the senior national squad at the age of 16. Former Mali international Frederic Kanoute was impressed by Daka’s strong performances for Zambia at the Under-17 Africa Cup of Nations in 2015.

“I was then with Kafue Celtic FC and we started talking. That’s how we finally got to meet and that’s how he also gave me the opportunity to come to Europe,”said Daka to the BBC.

5. He rubs shoulders with Africa’s best:

Daka was voted 2017 Under-20 Africa Cup of Nations Best Player (a tournament won by Zambia with Daka as top striker), 2017 CAF Youth Player of the Year, and 2017 CAF Most Promising Talent of the Year on the international stage. The latter is a highly coveted trophy that has previously been won by Mohamed Salah and John Obi Mikel.

6. Style of play:

Daka’s run timing is exceptional for his age, with the majority of his goals occurring inside the penalty box. Daka’s trust in using both feet is another amazing characteristic of his finishing. He doesn’t rely solely on one foot to score goals. He can get the ball out of his foot swiftly and get shots on goal before the goalie has a chance to set up.

Daka’s tenacious pressing allows RB Salzburg to force mistakes in critical situations when they don’t have the ball. Daka’s willingness to work defensively for the team’s benefit is a major quality, and he sets the example for his teammates to follow.

“He is a modern centre-forward, quick, capable of working hard and making the difference because he is skilful and has good movement,” said former Zambian national team head coach Herve Renard.

Patson Daka bags a brace against Liverpool in friendly

7. Zambia and Leicester City fans combo!!:

For now, Daka is safe in the knowledge that his performances are giving Leicester City a growing number of new fans in Zambia:

Right now it’s really crazy in Zambia. Most of the time people ask ‘how can we get the jerseys?’”

Daka never gives defenders a rest' – Leicester City's Rodgers sings praise  of star after Manchester City win | Goal.com

Read Also: Player Ratings as Leicester City cast out the Devil in Manchester United

Please follow @Familyliferinfo on Twitter

okey_14_boi

• Author
    Replies
      John Adeleke
      Participant

he is gonna be a legend

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Invite your friends to Familylifers

CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO CONNECT WITH YOU ON FAMILYLIFERS.

WEEKLY TOP LIFERS (MEMBERS)

1. # 1Profile Photo
    Family Lifers
    13693 Points
  2. # 2Profile Photo
    Chichi
    3443 Points
  3. # 3Profile Photo
    John Adeleke
    3299 Points
  4. # 4Profile Photo
    Seyibabs8