Family Lifers Forums

Create forums and topics you and your friends can discuss. You can see your friends activities, views and responses on all topics!

Home Forums Health Matters 4 Amazing Health Benefits Of Garlic Will Shock You

last updated by Nne 2 months, 3 weeks ago
4 voices
3 replies
  • Creator
    Topic
    Kufekpo

4 Amazing Health Benefits Of Garlic Will Shock You

Health Benefits Of Garlic

Garlic is a known herb grown around the world and it has been in use since ancient times for health purposes. More so, it has also been used to prepared medicine from the ancient till now.

Below are some interesting health benefits of taking garlic.

1.  Garlic protects the body from food Poisoning. The antibacterial property in fresh garlic is potent to kill the bacteria that lead to food poisoning which includes salmonella and E.coli.

It is highly recommended not to use garlic as a substitute for proper food sanitation and food handling as there may be some complications.

2.  Garlic prevents the risk of heart diseases. Since garlic help, the risk of heart disease, eating garlic daily will helps to lower cholesterol levels due to the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. Garlic helps to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar level.

It is worthy to note that the allicin in the vegetable contains sulphur which tends to lose its medicinal properties when garlic is cooked. Therefore, eating the garlic in its raw state or semi-cooked for better benefits is recommended.

3.  Garlic supports the immune system. It is because garlic contains vitamin C, which is known to boost immunity in the body. The immune system is responsible for fighting foreign organisms that attack our body system, and when it is weakened, the body will find it difficult to survive.

This could lead to death which is why garlic is important along with other fruits and vegetables that provide immune system-boosting nutrients.

4.  Garlic also treats the athlete’s foot.  Garlic contains nutrients that fight fungus. Any person who is infected with any fungus disease like an athlete’s feet, can apply some mashed garlic in water and soak the feet in it.  Rubbing raw garlic on the feet to kill any fungus might be harmful to your feet.

Read Also: 7 Foods You Should Eat Regularly To Keep Your Liver Healthy

• Author
    Replies
      Fredo
      Participant

Garlic is good but I don’t like it because of the smell. I can’t honestly stand the smell.

Ray
      Participant

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. Though I don’t like taking raw garlic. In all my foodies, I do make use of it.

Nne
      Participant

Garlic is the most powerful antibacterial herb that should be handy in every home. I don’t why many people don’t like it.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Invite your friends to Familylifers

CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO CONNECT WITH YOU ON FAMILYLIFERS.

WEEKLY TOP LIFERS (MEMBERS)

1. # 1Profile Photo
    Family Lifers
    11731 Points
  2. # 2Profile Photo
    Kufekpo
    2840 Points
  3. # 3Profile Photo
    Seyibabs8
    2818 Points
  4. # 4Profile Photo
    Tolu