Family Lifers Forums

Create forums and topics you and your friends can discuss. You can see your friends activities, views and responses on all topics!

Home Forums Spiritual Matters 6 Ways You Can Put God’s Glory on Display

This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
1 voice
0 replies
  • Creator
    Topic
    Siirmuel

6 Ways You Can Put God’s Glory on Display

Put God’s Glory on Display

6 ways you can put God’s glory on display

“Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God,” says Scripture, succinctly, simply, and directly (1 Cor 10:31).
    All of God’s creation is to be consumed with the goal of displaying God’s glory.
    The heavenly host joined the angels in proclaiming the Savior’s birth, worshipping God (Luke 2:14).
    Following their visit to the Christ-child in the manger, the shepherds replied by worshiping God (Luke 2:20).
    Even the actual creation constantly extols His majesty (Ps 19:1-2).

While most Christians understand the significance of this command, they frequently fail to carry it out.
    We pay lip respect to God, typically concluding our petition prayers with the phrase, “and we’ll be sure to give you all the glory.”
    But, like the nine lepers, we are sometimes so elated when we receive the answer that we fail to follow through on our pledge.

How might we join the shepherds and the angelic host in praising God by following the example of creation?
    I believe the answer can be found in Exodus 33:18-34:8.
    When Moses asks to see God’s glory, God illustrates how we can offer God the glory He deserves by repeating His characteristics.
    Here are six ways you can demonstrate God’s glory:

6. Admit your wrongdoing.

When we confess sin and declare His righteousness, we are displaying His glory.
    “Against You, You only, have I sinned and done what is bad in your sight, so that You are justified when You speak and blameless when You judge,” David writes in Psalm 51:4.

5. Be forgiving to others

Our God is merciful and gracious (Ps 130:3-4; Mic 7:18-19).
    We are proclaiming His compassion and desire to forgive when we forgive others.
    It has been stated that as we forgive, we become more God-like.
    That is why, in the disciples’ prayer, the Lord emphasizes forgiving others (Mt 6:12, 14-15).
    When we forgive others, we are displaying His glory.

Read also:HOW GOD NAMED THIS PROJECT ‘THE ARK’ AFTER I HAD CALLED IT ‘FAITH THEATRE -Bishop David Oyedepo

4. Have faith in God

If God works everything out for our good (which He does), then displaying our faith in Him reveals His nature and character.
    We are a reflection of who He is.
    Abraham’s life serves as an excellent example of this.
    “With regard to God’s promise, Abraham did not waver in unbelief, but became strong in faith, bringing praise to God,” according to Romans 4:20.
    At the end of his life, Paul tells how the Lord stood by him, strengthened him, and delivered him from every evil conduct, concluding that the Lord will safely transport him to his heavenly kingdom, to him be glory forever and ever (2 Tim 4:17-19).
    Trusting God declares His glory.

3. Produce fruit

“My Father is glorified by this, that you yield much fruit,” Jesus adds (John 15:8).
    God’s glory is displayed when we live lives that reflect His qualities.
    When we mirror His communicable traits in our lives, we not only create fruit, but we also glorify God.

2. Express gratitude

“He who offers a sacrifice of gratitude honors Me,” declares Psalm 50:23.
    God’s splendor is elevated by expressions of thankfulness.
    Thanksgiving focuses our attention on the Giver of all good and perfect gifts (James 1:17).
    God’s sovereign orchestration of everything of life for the Christian is emphasized in First Thessalonians 5:18. (cf. Rom 8:28).
    Thanksgiving recognizes this and, as a result, shows His splendor.

1. Say a prayer

Prayer, like offering gratitude, highlights God’s traits of goodness and power.
    “Call upon Me in the day of distress, and I will rescue you, and you will exalt Me,” the Lord encourages and urges us to do (Ps 50:15).
    “Whatever you ask in My name, I will do,” Jesus says in John 14:13, “so that the Father may be exalted in the Son.”

Glorifying God isn’t a set of specific words or phrases to be memorized.
    Rather, it is a way of life that reflects God’s characteristics, a way of existence devoted to displaying His glory.
    Worshipping God includes letting the light of God’s attributes shine before men, much like a city constructed on a hill or a lamp set on a lampstand, so that others will join us in glorifying our Father in heaven (Matt5:14-16).

Kindly follow us on Twitter@familyliferng      Instagram:familyliferng

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login or Register

Invite your friends to Familylifers

CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO CONNECT WITH YOU ON FAMILYLIFERS.

WEEKLY TOP LIFERS (MEMBERS)

1. # 1Profile Photo
    Family Lifers
    7385 Points
  2. # 2Profile Photo
    KUFRE EKPO
    1695 Points
  3. # 3Profile Photo
    Seyibabs8
    1614 Points
  4. # 4Profile Photo
    Fredo