- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by .
6 tips for a Healthy Eye
The eye is one of the most delicate parts of the body. Day to day, we carry out activities that endanger our eyes one way or the either, you wonder how to keep your eye healthy. Here, we give you 10 tips that’ll help you maintain a healthy and functioning Eye.
1. Eat Fish: Fishes are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Fishes that are oily offer increased levels of omega-3 nutrients. Fishes like these are:
Research has shown that fish oil provides reversal to dry eye and notwithstanding dry eyes that come with long screen time, whether phone, television or computer.
2. Quit Smoking: smoking increases your chances of getting cataracts, it damages your optic nerve and causes macular degeneration and various other medical problems. You must try and kick the habit of smoking. The more you try to quit smoking, the more your chances of success. See you, doctor, for so help, your eyes will thank you.
3. Eat Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits are vitamin C enriched. Like vitamin E, vitamin C is an antioxidant that is recommended by doctors to fight age-related eye damage.
Vitamin C-rich citrus fruits include:
Read Also:Top 5 Markets in Lagos
4. Green leafy vegetables: Green leafy vegetables are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin and are also sources of eye-needing vitamin C.
Well-known leafy greens include:
- Pumpkin leaf- Ugu
- Scent leaf
- Bitter leaf
- Wild lettuce
5. Carrots: Carrots are rich in both Vitamin A and beta carotene. The presence of Beta carotene gives carrots their orange colour.
Vitamin A plays a very important role in vision. It is a component of a protein called rhodopsin, that assists the retina in absorbing light.
6. Drink enough water: Drinking enough water prevents dehydration, a leading cause of dry eyes.
Bonus . Visit your doctor: Don’t take chances in your hands, always visit your doctor whenever you don’t feel alright with your eyes in cases of pain, itch and any eye-related illness.
Kindly follow us on Twitter
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.