Family Lifers Forums

Create forums and topics you and your friends can discuss. You can see your friends activities, views and responses on all topics!

Home Forums Health Matters 5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR SELF-CONFIDENCE

This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
1 voice
0 replies
  • Creator
    Topic
    Tolu
    Participant

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR SELF-CONFIDENCE

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR SELF-CONFIDENCE

I believe it’s safe to say that we have all been criticized at some point by those around us. This is only a part of life. I may add that this is even important because it lets us better know ourselves and grow as a human being. However, if we internalize negative thinking to the point where we deeply distort our own personal image, it can paralyze our lives. Our innate capacity with hope and joy to meet new challenges may be lost. It is therefore important to face our fears and to build up our confidence. This is why it is important. It’s also our road to freedom as daunting as it may be.

Here are 5 Tips to Improve your Self-Confidence.

1.  A WORK IN PROGRESS

There’s a key difference between self-confidence and self-esteem: self-confidence has to do with how capable you feel about achieving your goals or expressing your will; self-esteem is more related to the way you feel about yourself: your self-image. The problem with the second concept is that it springs from a dubious concept: the concept of “self”. Even worse, it often leads to the conclusion that you have certain qualities, and that they cannot be changed: you “are” selfish and you will always be because, well, that’s who you are. Unfortunately, in the end, this perspective often leads to suffering. But, what can we do about it?

We must first know that anybody’s selfish, we affirm that a tree is made of wood. We have to say that we are not. What anyone considers selfish can be viewed differently by someone else. Always make sure that you can change the way you act even if you see you tend to behave in a certain way if you’re involved in a certain situation. Ask yourself: by doing this, what am I trying to achieve? Do I do it only under these or other circumstances?? Next time, what else could I do? Above all, remember always: you and your reality can change. You really are a work going on.

2.  BE HUMBLE

To be humble does not mean to think about yourself less. What it means is that you can accept the things you do not like. It takes a lot of courage to both detect and change these features for the better.

3. BE TRUE TO YOURSELF

Try to identify the main principles that you live through. You care deeply about these things. For what you’re representing. All this may come to you after a deep insight, or you will only find yourself putting it into practice in all kinds of situations in your everyday life (or not doing it painfully).

Just take a while to think about your daily life. Find out what you trust. Live through it and your goals become more profound, beyond fear and judgment.

Read Also: 5 HEALTH BENEFITS OF READING: WHY YOU SHOULD READ EVERYDAY

4. POSITIVE THINKING AND GETTING RID OF NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

When I first came across this concept, I thought positive thinking literally meant no negative thinking. I was soon immersed in an endless struggle with my own mind, trying to do my best to avoid certain terrible ideas. That didn’t work at all, of course. Has this ever happened to you, too?

Now, let me suggest a different route: Next time you hear your inner voice whispering negative thoughts in your ear, why don’t you just try putting it “on hold” for a while? Then, you can fact-check what this little voice is telling you. Many times, you will find out most of it is simply untenable. This process will naturally make it easier for your mind to focus on positive thoughts.

5. DEVELOP COMPETENCE

How can we feel better than being more competent? What better way to feel? If your lack of trust now extends to different realms, choose one which is particularly important to you and try to master it. It can really be anything. From some kind of professional challenge to public speech. If you have to do this, do not hesitate to ask for help. As you gain more knowledge and experience, you become more confident. Begin to act differently, and you’ll feel different. How can we feel better than being more competent? What better way to feel? If your lack of trust now extends to different realms, choose one which is particularly important to you and try to master it. It can really be anything. From some kind of professional challenge to public speech. If you have to do this, do not hesitate to ask for help. As you gain more knowledge and experience, you become more confident. Begin to act differently, and you’ll feel different.

Kindly follow us on Twitter

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Invite your friends to Familylifers

CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO CONNECT WITH YOU ON FAMILYLIFERS.

WEEKLY TOP LIFERS (MEMBERS)

1. # 1Profile Photo
    Family Lifers
    11657 Points
  2. # 2Profile Photo
    Kufekpo
    2833 Points
  3. # 3Profile Photo
    Seyibabs8
    2770 Points
  4. # 4Profile Photo
    Tolu