Love in marriage is expected to be fun and progressive but, in most cases, the reverse is it today due to the following mentioned below. So, if your marriage must triumph in love, you must learn to put these mentioned below at bay with a consistent effort.
1. Daily routine: If you allow your marital life to form a pattern, a routine, then it will get to a stage you will get bored and love will weather. That is why you need to learn to spice up your marriage. On routine bases, you need to begin to do something unusual to each other, like dating each other, playing together, eating in love, etc.
2. Irritation: Living together will reveal some “bad” aspects of your spouse to you, which can be irritating. If you focus on this irritation, you will get bored with your marriage. But if you learn to live above them, you will discover that they are not irritating after all because you love have covered it up.
3. Family pressure: Demands of parental care for newborn babies, extended family, etc can also make family life to be difficult. Pray about your pressure, talk about them, and don’t allow them to control your life.
4. Financial pressure: This can also affect intimacy in marriage. Romance may be difficult when bills are rising and account is in red, but with openness, and trust in God you can also overcome. Never allow money to destroy your marriage.
5. Busyness: Jobs, religious and social commitment can affect love life. We can handle this by taking less responsibility outside the home and learn how to spend the little time you have together judiciously.
© Bisi Adewale