40 THINGS THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE 40
At 40, you are not an old man and you are not a young man either.
YOU WILL NOTICE THE FOLLOWING AT AGE 40
- You will need brighter light to read. This means your eyes need attention
- You will notice some grey on your head
- Many of your mates are now using glasses.
- People will call you daddy outside
- The only new celebrities you recognize are the offspring of the ones you grew up loving
- You use “the old good days” often
- You bought your first glasses
- New music sounds too fast for you
- Your children know television shows more than you
- All your friends are married
- Your children are now schooling at the university
- Your friends are losing their parents
- Your eyebrows and ears in your ears and nose start to grow in weird ways
- You look at the mirror to encourage yourself that you are still young
- You are now older than every player in your country’s national football team.
- All children in primary school now were not born when you graduated from university
- You suddenly begin to think about retirement
- Your health issues are now age-related
- You go around the house turning off all the lights
- Everything you think happened five years ago happened 10 to 15 years ago.
- You now use this phrase “Children of nowadays”
- Young girls stop eyeing you
- Everybody knows you are married without looking at your fingers
- You try to dye your hair to hide grey
- You’ve not seen some of your college friends in 20 years.
- Nobody confuses you to be twenty-something again.
- Your wife starts to call you daddy
- You begin to talk about the past to your children
- Your children call you ‘old school’
- You start calling 25-year-olds kids
- Your definition of friends change
- Your dream of travelling aboard suddenly changes to make a life
- Your current friends do not know your old friends
- When you meet your college friends, you have little or nothing to discuss.
- You have some experience and now think of the future than the past
- Where your money goes begins to make more meaning to you
- You begging to shake your penis after urinating
- You begin to wet your underwear with urine after urinating
- You wake up several times to in the night to urinate
- you will readlise you are 40, not 20, Adulthood will suddenly beckon on you
© Bisi Adewale
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.