Family Lifers Forums

Create forums and topics you and your friends can discuss. You can see your friends activities, views and responses on all topics!

Home Forums News Shocking! 4 Family Members Reportedly Killed By Generator Fumes In Kwara State

10 voices
10 replies
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #16209
    Aries
    Participant

    Shocking! 4 Family Members Reportedly Killed By Generator Fumes In Kwara State

    Kwara

    Thick smoke from a generator set that was left running all night has reportedly killed four people in Kwara state.

    The tragic tragedy occurred at the Ojomu family compound in Sanmora, Kwara State’s Irepodun local government area.

    The victims were said to have travelled from Lagos to enjoy the Sallah festival before the horrific occurrence took place and claimed their lives.

    While enjoying the Sallah celebrations with cocktails and pleasure, the victims are said to have left the generator running all night and slept off.

    The generator set, which was located near the victims’ room on the veranda, allegedly blew powerful and dense smoke into the room all night while they slept. As a result, the victims suffocated and died while sleeping.

    Their bodies were taken to the morgue at Offa General Hospital. Two more victims have been transported to the hospital for medical assistance after being knocked out by generator fumes that leaked into their own residence.

    According to a reputable source who requested anonymity when recounting the gruesome story,

    “We discovered their lifeless bodies this morning. The head of the house, his wife and her friend and the friend to one of his children who followed them to celebrate Sallah from Lagos.

    “In the night while they were still feasting, they put on the generator and left it working at the veranda. But they all slept off.

    “It was one of the aged women in the compound who wanted to go and welcome them around past 7:00 am Wednesday that discovered their bodies and raised the alarm.

    “Two of them who were still alive when residents went in were unconscious. They are lying in critical condition at the hospital now and we don’t know their state yet”

    Contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Kwara State Command, Ajayi Okasanmi confirmed the development.

    “Yes, I just called our officers there. The incident is true. We will continue to appeal to people to put safety first in all their actions even during celebrations.

    “We, however, condoled with the affected family over this unfortunate incident”, he added.

    Read Also: Amotekun Corps reportedly murdered two partygoers in Ibadan

Share
  • Author
    Replies
    • #16243
      Okey_14_boi
      Moderator

      people should take heed when it come to generator and gas containers, they are dangerous and should be kept far away from the house

      Share

      okey_14_boi

    • #16261
      Bernard
      Participant

      so sad for them, dont understand how generator fumes still causes havoc even when theres awareness against it

      Share
    • #16272
      Seyibabs8
      Moderator

      We need to be very carefull with anything that has to do with generator this days ooo

      Share
    • #16290
      John Adeleke
      Participant

      Generator!! no wonder the landlord of my house talk say him no wan see generator for him compound..

      Share
    • #16305
      Babs
      Participant

      HMMMMM…. IT IS WELL

      Share
    • #16316
      Nne
      Participant

      Another sad news. People should be sensitized that the fumes from the generator is enemy to man. Every time, people died of inhaling generator’s smoke in their sleep and many will not learn something from it. RIP to the departed souls.

      Share
    • #16323
      Chichi
      Participant

      oh God, yyyy, every where we turn these days theres one bad news or the other

      Share
    • #16340
      Tobex
      Participant

      HMMMM…. WAT A SAD STORY

      Share
    • #16365
      Fredo
      Participant

      My condolences to the family at the loss. People should know that generator fume have killed many people in the past. How long will Nigerians continue to waste their lives like this?

      Share
    • #16366
      KUFRE EKPO
      Moderator

      My heartfelt sympathy goes to the bereaved family. A costly mistake was made and four family members paid the price. It’s disheartening!

      Share
Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share

Invite your friends to Familylifers

CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO CONNECT WITH YOU ON FAMILYLIFERS.

WEEKLY TOP LIFERS (MEMBERS)

  1. # 1Profile Photo
    Family Lifers
    9322 Points
  2. # 2Profile Photo
    Seyibabs8
    2015 Points
  3. # 3Profile Photo
    KUFRE EKPO
    1877 Points
  4. # 4Profile Photo
    Fredo
    974 Points
  5. # 5Profile Photo
    Siirmuel
    781 Points

Members

Become a member of Familylifers.com

Enjoy these benefits!

  • Connect your friends
  • Solve Marriage and Relationship Problems
  • Showcase your skills and products in our MARKET PLACE for FREE
  • Drop your CV, get a job And lots more

New Report

Close