Family Lifers Forums

Create forums and topics you and your friends can discuss. You can see your friends activities, views and responses on all topics!

Home Forums Relationship and Life 14 THINGS PEOPLE SAYS THAT CAN DESTROY PEACEFUL MARRIAGE

3 voices
3 replies
  • Creator
    Topic
    blossy
    Participant

Premium Photo | Angry couple pointing at each other

Bisi Adewale

“Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.” Ephesians 4:29 KJV

If you must build a peaceful marriage, there are things you must never do or say. We shall focus on things that must never be said to your spouse.

1. I WISH I NEVER GOT INVOLVED WITH YOU: This is a bad statement from an uncultured mind. No matter what the problem is, settle it. Never speak wrongly to your partner. This will never give you a peaceful marriage.

2. I WISH I MARRIED SOMEONE ELSE: Bringing up a former lover or relationship is the worst thing you can do. Even if it isn’t true, your partner will always believe it because if truly your desire a peaceful marriage then you wouldn’t have to splash such words out of your mouth.

3. SHUT UP: This is rude and crude. Gentlemen and ladies are not known to say this. Are you one of them?

4. I WILL DIVORCE YOU: Never use the ‘D’ word. Most of the time, people say this to threaten their spouse even if they don’t mean it. Such a statement can cause damage as it has been planted into your marriage and the heart of your spouse. It will take God’s intervention for such damage to be repaired.

5. DON’T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY, BUT…: “Complete honesty in relationships can often seriously backfire,” says Julienne Derichs, a licensed marriage counsellor. She also said, “In relationships, intimacy, comfort, and closeness are often confused with ‘unbridled self-expression’, which is where a person lets the flood gates open. Sometimes I hear people say ‘I’m just trying to be open and honest’ in defence of their behaviour. But being open and honest does not mean spouting off thoughts and feelings without consideration of your partner.”

6. I HATE YOU: Hate speeches and speakers are detested all over the world. This is one of them.

7. YOU ARE AN IDIOT: If this is true, a person who married an idiot must be an idiot too.

8. YOU ARE SUCH A FAILURE: “Hearing these words is like branding failure into your soul. You can’t take them back, even if they were uttered in anger and rage. They will linger and become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” says relationship expert, Audrey Hope.

9. I WILL BEAT YOU: An adult should not say something like this, it is childish. It should only be heard in a kindergarten school. Unfortunately, many adults have stopped growing since kindergarten.

10. I WILL KILL YOU: When did you become a killer? This is the height of the wrong thing you can say.

11. I AM SORRY BUT…: Apologising by saying “sorry” can be very good for couples. But the way it’s said is the most important. When a ‘but’ follows an ‘I’m sorry’, it negates it. It shows that one isn’t truly sorry but defensive. The word ‘sorry’ softens the mind before a punch.

12. YOU LOOK TOO FAT: There are better ways to say this instead of killing a person killing his spouse’s self-esteem.

13. YOU LOOK UGLY: An ugly mouth is worse than a so-called ugly face. Nobody is ugly. People who label other people ugly have an ugly heart too.

14. I WILL MARRY ANOTHER PERSON: This is a threat that may lead one to commit grave mistakes. Don’t do it, it will not give you a peaceful marriage if at all you never meant it in the real sense.

© Bisi Adewale

• Author
    Replies
      blossy
      Participant

Good one, my company will now do the needful …….

Sam P
      Participant

Corrupt words indeed corrupts families

Kenneth
      Participant

Noted? am saving this post as the day approaches

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login or Register

Invite your friends to Familylifers

CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO CONNECT WITH YOU ON FAMILYLIFERS.

WEEKLY TOP LIFERS (MEMBERS)

1. # 1Profile Photo
    Family Lifers
    7385 Points
  2. # 2Profile Photo
    KUFRE EKPO
    1695 Points
  3. # 3Profile Photo
    Seyibabs8
    1614 Points
  4. # 4Profile Photo
    Fredo