10 Things To Deal With In Every Marriage
Here’s what some couples say are major issues to deal with in marriage, according to a Life Innovations survey of 21,501 married couples from every state.
10 Things to deal with in Every Marriage
- Problems sharing leadership
- One partner is too stubborn
- The stress created by child-rearing differences
- One partner is too negative or critical
- Feeling responsible for issues
- One partner wishes the other had more time
- One partner wishes the other was more willing to share their feelings
- Avoiding conflict with a partner
- Difficulty completing tasks
- Differences never feel resolved
Building a healthy marriage means that you have learned to turn your stumbling blocks into stepping stones. Build on your strengths and find ways to creatively address your differences. Conflict management/resolution skills are crucial.
In strong marriages, both partners say:
- They feel free to share their feelings and ideas,
- Their partner understands their positions,
- They take disagreements seriously, and
- They work cooperatively to resolve conflicts.
The happiest couples said they were satisfied with the way they communicate, find it easy to express their feelings and find their partner to be a good listener. They note that their partner doesn’t use put-downs.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.