Family Lifers Forums

Create forums and topics you and your friends can discuss. You can see your friends activities, views and responses on all topics!

Home Forums Food and Kitchen 6 BEST NIGERIAN FOODS FOR ULCER PATIENTS

last updated by Bernard 2 weeks ago
7 voices
6 replies
  • Creator
    Topic
    Inumidun

6 BEST NIGERIAN FOODS FOR ULCER PATIENTS

6 BEST NIGERIAN FOODS FOR ULCER PATIENTS

BEST NIGERIAN FOODS FOR ULCER PATIENTS
    If you’re wondering about the best Nigerian foods to eat as an ulcer patient, check out the 10 listed below:
    VEGETABLES

Vegetables are essential sources of nutrients for the body. They are the wellspring of oxidants which protects the human body. Low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals. Vegetables are rich fount of dietary fibre, folate, potassium, vitamins A, B, C, E and K, magnesium, iron and calcium.

Vegetables help keep the stomach lining healthy as they aid digestion, prevent constipation and curb overeating. Eating a diet rich in fibre, especially vegetables is a great way to give the body nutrients necessary to fasten the healing process of the sore.

It is important that you make the soup is spicy as possible. You can add vegetables to soups and stews. You can also lightly steam it or chop it into a pasta salad.

2. UNRIPE PLANTAIN

The nutritional value of unripe plantain makes it stand out as a very important addition to any healthy living diet plan due to its nutrient content. Unripe plantain is rich in so many vitamins E, B2, pectin, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, serotonin and starch.

Unripe plantain is particularly beneficial for those who are suffering from ulcers and other diseases connected with the gastrointestinal tract. Unripe plantain can be eaten as porridge, boiled and paired with a vegetable soup or eaten as flour.

3. FISH AND EGG

Lean meats, fish and eggs are good protein sources for ulcer patients. Soft boiled eggs are preferable to fried ones. Boiled fishes are less likely to irritate the stomach lining than fried fish.

Fishes that contain omega-3 fatty acids help to reduce the risk of ulcers by producing compounds called prostaglandins, which help to protect the lining of the stomach and intestines.

4. GREEN PEPPER

Also known as bell pepper, green pepper is a fresh, tasty and slightly sweet vegetable used for making varied delicacies. Using green pepper in your dishes is highly recommended as it is not peppery or hot.

Green pepper is low in calories and has a good supply of vitamins and minerals. They can be cooked or eaten raw as they are sweet and crunchy. Research has shown that green peppers have many healing properties. The presence of antiseptic properties in capsicum protects the body against food poisoning. Green peppers are also anti-inflammatory in that they are very good at relieving pain.

5. OKRA

Okra is a common vegetable in cooking and can either be fried, boiled or pickled, often along with tomatoes, corn or onions. Okra has been used throughout history for both culinary and medicinal purposes.

Okra has low calories and high dietary fibre content which aids the digestive system, helping to relieve and prevent constipation. Regular consumption of okra helps in neutralizing acids and speeds the healing of peptic ulcers by providing a temporary protective coating for the digestive tract.

6. GARDEN EGG

About the size of the shape of an egg and otherwise called aubergine, the garden egg is one of the healthiest food an ulcer patient can eat. Being a member of the vegetable family, it contains fibre, beta carotene and many essential vitamins and minerals.

Garden egg helps in the digestion of food by ensuring smooth passage of food in the body to guide against bloating which most of the time causes ulcer pains.

A study conducted indicates that garden eggs can be used for the treatment of stomach ulcers. The study which was undertaken to evaluate the possible anti-ulcer effect of the African garden egg reveals that the garden egg possesses ulcer protective properties, making it a cheap source of natural anti-ulcer remedy. It can be eaten fresh alone or prepared into a stew and eaten with rice or boiled yam, plantain or any other food…

Read Also: 5 Healthy Tips to Get Your Baby to Sleep Through the Night

Please follow @Familylifeline on Facebook

• Author
    Replies
      John Adeleke
      Participant

wow… interesting article i must say… i have a brother who has this ailment, i guess i could try this out for him

Okey_14_boi

Even garden egg… Wow… And I no dey like the stuff before… I guess I just have to like it by fire by force

okey_14_boi

Chichi
      Participant

The kind of article can save a life and keep us away from the doctor… Everyone should adhere and live safely

Chrisen
      Participant

I have got ulcer but all the drugs i have taken have been to no avail… i guess i need to try these traditional methods

FM
      Participant

Those days when I had this ulcer thing, my grandma force me to chop okra tire… Till this day I no see the ulcer again… I’ve been free for years now

Bernard
      Participant

Ulcer pain no be small thing… The things wey you go swallow during the pain session u no go believe am… Nice article by the way… Helpful to the core

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Invite your friends to Familylifers

CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO CONNECT WITH YOU ON FAMILYLIFERS.

WEEKLY TOP LIFERS (MEMBERS)

1. # 1Profile Photo
    Family Lifers
    12387 Points
  2. # 2Profile Photo
    Kufekpo
    2958 Points
  3. # 3Profile Photo
    Seyibabs8
    2670 Points
  4. # 4Profile Photo
    Chichi